Soldier of Rome Slot Review
Thank you for rating!
What went wrong?
Ready to play Soldier of Rome for real money?
Rate Soldier of Rome
Slot types, themes & features
Soldier Of Rome Slot Overview
Feel the might of the Roman army when you play the Soldier Of Rome slot from Barcrest. It’s an engaging slot that comes with plenty of special features and gives you the option of buying one of three optional spin cycles with bonuses to help you win.
The slot has 50 paylines in the base game, though this can extend to 100; its features include expanding wilds and free spins. Our review gives you a full summary of the slot’s features and how they work. Have a read and see what you make of it.
How To Play The Soldier Of Rome Slot
To play this slot, first you have to decide how much money you’re going to bet with. You’ll see the bet displayed in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Use the plus and minus sign buttons to go through the options - there are quite a few to choose from, going from 0.10 up to 500.00.
When you’re happy with your bet size, click the circular red button above to give the reels a spin. If you want to turn on autoplay, where the spinning is done for you, click the button that shows a triangle surrounded by two arrows. Before autoplay begins, you get to choose a number of spins and can set up loss and single win limits.
Soldier Of Rome Slot Features
- Roman Soldier Theme. This online slot game is inspired by the Roman army. A soldier in full military armour stands to the left of the velvety red reels, whose border is aflame. The background is made up of a number of stone temple pillars, with embers continually floating up from below. Most of the symbols that you’ll see on the reels as you play are designed to fit the theme in one way or another. The slot’s graphics are of a good quality overall.
- Up to 100 Paylines. The slot uses an irregular 2-2-10-10-10 grid. When you start playing, the top five rows of the extra large reels are blocked off by a gate, but you can still see the symbols that land on them. The last three reels are called Mighty Reels. During the base game, there are fifty paylines you can win on. As is the case with most other slots, getting three to five matching symbols on a payline from left to right on adjacent reels gives you a win. More paylines can be unlocked during special features.
- Symbols. Ten standard symbols appear on the slot’s reels. The four low-paying ones are icons representing the four playing card suits. The six more valuable ones are themed: there’s a helmet and crossed swords, a gold eagle emblem with SPQR on it, a coin, a chariot, a male character and a female character. The most rewarding of these is the woman, who pays 5x your bet for five on a payline.
- Bonus Symbols. The Roman centurion is the slot’s wild symbol. It appears on the three Mighty Reels only and is stacked three positions high. It fills in for all standard symbols and if it lands fully during the base game, it expands to fill the reel it’s on and unblocks all of the extra rows and paylines covered up by the cage for the current spin only. Purple logo scatters appear during the base game. If they’re on the Mighty Reels, they’re regular scatters only; if they appear on the first two reels, they have the centurion on them and they act as wilds as well. During the free spins round, the purple scatter and scatter/wild are coloured red instead.
Soldier Of Rome Bonus Features
- Money Burst/Lightning Spins. The first two rows contain two symbols each and all four positions in these rows are actually independent reels called Money Burst reels. If all four Money Burst reels show the same symbol, the cage blocking the top five rows will be lifted and all 100 of the slot’s paylines will be active. Extra instances of the symbol in the Money Burst reels will be added to reels 3-5, giving you more chances of winning.
- Free Spins Bonus. Getting three or more logo scatters on the reels earns you ten free spins. Every scatter after the third awards you an additional five spins. The free spins round can start with a maximum of twenty-five spins. While the round’s in play, it can be retriggered. If the centurion wild lands partially or fully, it expands to fill the reel and unlocks the Mighty Reels’ extra rows and paylines for the current spin.
- Big Bet. The slot has three optional extras you can purchase. These are as follows:
- Pay 20.00 and you’ll get five spins with all wilds expanding fully and unblocking the extra rows whether they land fully or partially.
- Pay 30.00 for the above bonus, with all four low-paying playing card icon symbols removed from the reels as well.
- Pay 50.00 for both of the above bonuses, plus all 100 paylines active on all five spins.
On all five Big Bet spins, no matter what option you choose, all symbol payouts are doubled. The slot’s RTP is 93.78% if your bet is less than 2.00, 96% if your bet is 2.00 or greater, and 97.82% (which is a very high RTP indeed) if you’re placing the Big Bet.
Play The Soldier Of Rome Slot For Real Money
Soldier Of Rome does have a lot going on, but once you’ve had a few spins of the slot you should get used to how it works. Play the demo version on this page as many times as you like to see how the features work without having to pay. Then, if you’re into playing slots with real money, head over to a Barcrest online casino and give it a try there. Have a think about whether or not you’ll go for a Buy Bet feature and which of the three you’ll choose if you do.