Mega Jackpots Star Lanterns
IGT MEGA JACKPOTS STAR LANTERNS SLOT REVIEW
With the Chinese culture being so rich in wealth and luck symbols, it’s no wonder that so many video slots feature the same themes. And with so many Asian-themed slots on the market, developers must know how to attract the right audience, making a difference in quality. IGT knows that and released Mega Jackpots Star Lanterns on February 1, 2017.
Playable on both PC and mobile devices, this colorful slot features a classic setup of 5 reels and no less than 20 paylines. This means you’ll get lucky enough to enjoy some high winning potential. You can try out the free demo version right here or bet real money in SlotsMate’s Real Money Slots section.
HOW TO PLAY THE MEGA JACKPOTS STAR LANTERNS SLOT
This medium variance slot comes with quite a low RTP, only 93%. Don’t let that discourage you because the amounts you can pocket from this game are quite considerable. You can start betting from a mere amount of 20 cents to a maximum amount of $600.
As for the symbols, we can tell you from now that the title is quite literal - all the icons displayed on the reels are different colored lanterns. They’re separated in high and low-paying symbols and the most lucrative one is the yellow lantern. If you land 5 of these on a payline, you’ll get a cash prize of 50X your total stake.
MEGA JACKPOTS STAR LANTERNS SLOT FEATURE
- Wild symbol. The Wild symbol in this slot is represented by the red lantern. It can replace any other symbol on the reels except for the Scatter and has the potential to form high-paying combinations.
- Scatter symbol. You will also see a lotus flower that acts as the Scatter symbol. If you manage to get 3 of these on the reels on any position, you’ll get a total bet multiplier of 2X your stake. They also go to trigger the Free Spins feature.
- Free Spins feature. As soon as you land three Scatters on reels 1, 2 and 3, you’ll trigger the Free Spins game mode. When this feature starts, you’ll get to choose from a set of one to three lanterns that will reveal anywhere between 4 and 14 free spins.
- Floating Reels feature. You only have to form a winning combination in order to trigger this feature. All the symbols involved in the winning combo will burst and will make place for new ones. Of course, this will go on for as long as there are winning combinations.
- Star Multiplier feature. The Star Multiplier feature means that each star symbol will give you a 2X, 3X or a 5X multiplier, both in the base game and the free spins mode. These star symbols will only appear on reels 1, 2 and 3.
- Progressive jackpot feature. The higher your stake, the higher your chances of triggering the progressive jackpots feature. You can win this as soon as you collect fours mega jackpots symbols in the same spin.
- Autoplay feature. When you get tired of spinning the reels yourself, you can set up a certain number of automatic spins. You’ll then get to watch as the game basically plays itself for you.
All in all, this is such a fun slot; we couldn’t get enough of it and we were kind of sad when we had to stop playing in order to write this review. The multitude of features and the clean and simple design make it a special experience that will be sure to keep you glued to your chair for hours on end. But you don’t have to take our word for it. Try it out and see for yourself!