IGT ROYAL SPINS SLOT REVIEW
If you were looking for a true classic, seek no further! IGT’s Royal Spins has all the right themes that will surely please even the most die-hard nostalgic - fruits, gems and royalty. Released on June 1, 2017, Royal Spins is a classic slot with a twist. This said twist comes from the medieval setting the game takes place in, against the walls of an old castle, the symbols resting on a royal purple background.
Playable on both PC and mobile devices, this video slot comes with a free version that you can try out right on this page. And if you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can always try betting real money in SlotsMate’s Real Money Slots section.
HOW TO PLAY THE ROYAL SPINS SLOT
The starting amount you can bet on this medieval-themed slot is as little as 5 cents, the maximum being $150. It also comes with an RTP of just a bit over 96% and is placed medium to low on the variance scale, meaning you can get up to 300X your total stake on each spin.
We’ve talked about the visuals before but we only mentioned the symbols very briefly. As all the classics, Royal Spins comes with red 7s, cherries, oranges, plums, crowns and bells. You might want to pay close attention to the red 7s, as these will give you 200X your stake if you land 5 on a payline. There’s no Wild symbol, however.
ROYAL SPINS SLOT FEATURES
- Scatter symbol. Despite the lack of a Wild, you still have a Scatter symbol, which takes the shape of a diamond-encrusted gold crown. This symbol is used to trigger the Free Spins game mode.
- Free Spins feature. You can trigger this feature as soon as you land 3, 4 or 5 Scatters anywhere on the reels in the same spin. You’ll be awarded with 3, 5 or 10 free spins. The good news is that once you trigger this, you’re guaranteed to win at least your total stake on each spin.
- Cherry Bonus feature. You’ll probably notice a row of five blacked-out cherries under the reels. They sit alongside a jackpot amount that’s triggered every time a red seven shows up on a winning payline. Every time you land a five-cherries-win, one of the cherry pairs will fill up. And if you manage to fill them all, you’ll be awarded with the jackpot amount.
- Vintage look and feel. If you’re a fan of fruit slots, you’ll feel right at home. However, IGT decided to spice up the things a bit with a medieval setting. There’s no background music to put you in the mood but a small melody will play each time a win is registered.
- Autoplay feature. Even the most die-hard gamers get tired of spinning the reels themselves sometimes. For those moments, the Autoplay feature allows you to set a certain number of automatic spins.
All in all, IGT’s Royal Spins is not the most exciting slot. But despite the simple graphics and the low number of special features, this is still a lucrative slot, perfect for both newcomers who want to learn the ropes and seasoned veterans who just want a taste of the good old classics. But who knows, this might just become your new favorite slot. You’ll never know unless you give it a try!