Rome The Golden Age Slot Review
Thank you for rating!
What went wrong?
Ready to play Rome The Golden Age for real money?
Rate Rome The Golden Age
Slot types, themes & features
Rome The Golden Age Slot Overview
Unleash your inner gladiator as you play the Rome The Golden Age online slot game from NetEnt. This slot takes you back to a time in Rome’s history when vicious gladiator fights in arenas were one of the main forms of public entertainment. Played with twenty paylines, the slot has some interesting features, including frames that add wilds and a progressive free spins multiplier. Find out how these work by reading our review, then step up and play the slot yourself.
How To Play The Rome The Golden Age Slot
To play Rome The Golden Age, click on the button that shows a stack of coins and choose one of the bet sizes. There are thirty-nine options available ranging from 0.10 up to 40.00. When you’ve got one selected, click on the red arrow button beneath the middle reel to play. To the right of this is a button that, when turned on, makes the reels spin faster. To the left is the autoplay button. Before autoplay starts, you get to choose a number of spins and can set up some advanced limits.
Rome The Golden Age Slot Features
- Ancient Rome Theme. This online slot is themed to ancient Rome and is presented with realistic, detailed graphics, as well as a cinematic soundtrack that adds to the excitement. The action takes place in a private Colosseum viewing area complete with stone pillars and elegant marble statues.
- 20 Paylines. The slot uses an irregular 3-4-5-4-3 grid with twenty paylines running across it from left to right. Even though the grid set-up isn’t like most other slots, winning is still done in the same way: land three or more matching symbols consecutively on a payline form left to right to win.
- Symbols. Ten standard symbols appear on the slot’s reels: the five playing card ranks A-10 and five themed symbols, including crossed daggers, a soldier’s helmet, a ring, a bronze eagle and a tiger. Of these, the most rewarding is the tiger, whose payout for five on one of the slot’s paylines is 5x your bet.
- Bonus Symbols. The golden shield is the slot’s wild symbol. As well as filling in for all standard symbols, the wild pays 5x your bet if five fill a payline. There are several other bonus symbols: the Golden Age and Rome symbols, plus the golden wreath scatter.
Rome The Golden Age Bonus Features
- Frames. If the Golden Age symbol lands, its position gets marked with a frame. When a Golden Age symbol lands, it can randomly transform into a Rome symbol. If this happens, at the end of the following spin the Rome symbol will turn into a wild and all adjacent positions with frames have their symbols replaced by wilds. Once you’ve been paid any winnings, all positions with wilds lose their frames. Any framed positions that didn’t turn into wilds keep their frames.
- Free Spins. Landing three gold wreath scatters on reels 2, 3 and 4 activates the slot’s free spins round. You start with three free spins. All positions that had frames but didn’t turn into wilds on the triggering spin have Rome symbols added to them and are locked. All other positions spin independently and can have Rome symbols or empty spaces land on them. Whenever a Rome symbol lands on an unlocked position, the number of spins is reset to three. Once your spins have run out, each Rome symbol awards a prize worth between 0.5x to 50x your bet - your total payout is the sum of these prizes added together, multiplied by the Free Spins Multiplier you’ve earned. If you manage to fill all positions with Rome symbols, you’re awarded an extra x2 multiplier.
- Free Spins Multiplier. There’s a progress bar in the top left-hand corner of the screen. Whenever a Golden Age symbol lands on a frameless position, one point is added; if it lands on a framed position, one to four points are added. Every time the progress bar reaches 200, the free spins multiplier is upgraded. It starts at x1 and can be upgraded eighteen times, reaching a maximum value of x1,000. When you trigger the free spins round, the current multiplier is applied; when the feature ends, the progress metre is reset and the free spins multiplier goes back to x1.
Play The Rome The Golden Age Slot For Real Money
Rome The Golden Age has an average RTP of 96% and a medium to high volatility. You can win big, but the large payouts won’t come around too often. The slot looks great and offers an immersive gaming experience thanks to its design and gameplay. You can tell plenty of work went into creating it. If you like the sound of this slot, give it a go at a real money casino site we’ve suggested - here’s hoping you get to increase the Free Spins Multiplier progress bar a lot so you get some potentially large free spins wins!