Book of Ra Classic Slot Review
Thank you for rating!
What went wrong?
Ready to play Book of Ra Classic for real money?
Rate Book of Ra Classic
Slot types, themes & features
Developed by Novomatic and released back in 2004, Book Of Ra Classic is an exceptionally popular video slot that’s stood the test of time. It may look dated compared with today’s highly advanced slot games, but people still enjoy playing it to this day. Have a read of our review to see what this Egypt-themed slot has to offer.
How To Play The Book Of Ra Classic Slot
If you’d like to give this slot a go, getting set up is easy enough to do. Before spinning the reels, there are just two variables you need to set up: the number of paylines and bet per line value. You can bet on 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9 paylines. Choose a number, then select one of the possible bet sizes. These vary depending on how many paylines you choose. If you bet on just one payline, the bet sizes go from 0.10 to 10.00; for nine paylines, they range from 0.90 to 90.00. Click on the green ‘START’ button to play.
There’s a ‘MAX BET’ button that sets the bet to its highest amount. There’s also a button that turns on the slot’s autoplay mode, where the reels spin by themselves and you don’t have to keep clicking for every spin.
Book Of Ra Classic Slot Features
- Ancient Egypt. This is one of hundreds of online slots to be themed to ancient Egypt. The design is quite good overall. The black reels are set between two temple pillars and above them is a colourful shot of a distant sunset and some pyramids. Some of the symbols that appear on the reels are designed to fit the slot’s Egypt theme.
- 9 Paylines. Like most other online slots, Book Of Ra Classic uses a grid with three rows and five reels. To win, you have to line up two/three or more instances of the same symbol on a payline that’s covered by your bet; these symbols must start on the left and be on adjacent reels to count. The more paylines you include in your bet, the bigger your bet will be, but the more chances of winning you’ll have.
- Symbols. There are ten regular symbols altogether. The six playing card ranks require three or more on an active payline, while the remaining four, which are themed to Egypt, only require two. These include a purple scarab beetle, a statue of a winged god Horus, a golden pharaoh’s coffin and an explorer. The most valuable of these is the explorer - land five on a payline for a win worth a staggering 5,000x your bet per line value.
- Bonus Symbols. Book Of Ra Classic has just one bonus symbol and that’s the book. This symbol acts as both a scatter and a wild. It substitutes for all other symbols and gives you payouts should three or more land anywhere on the slot’s reels. If five appear, your payout is 1,800x your bet per line value.
Book Of Ra Classic Bonus Features
- Free Spins. If three or more scatter/wild book symbols land, you’ll be awarded ten free spins. Before the free spins round gets underway, one of the regular symbols is chosen at random. While using your spins, if the chosen symbol appears, once any regular pays have been calculated, the chosen symbol expands if doing so causes you to win. This symbol doesn’t need to be on adjacent reels for you to win and it can win on all nine paylines (even if you entered the round with your bet covering fewer than nine paylines). The feature can be retriggered.
Play The Book Of Ra Classic Slot For Real Money
Like the sound of this online slot? Try our free demo version, then play for real money at one of the many Novomatic casinos that have this slot available to play. Gameplay is simple, so you should get the hang of it in no time at all. The slot’s RTP of 92.13% isn’t the best, but its high volatility means that you could be in for a big payout if it’s your lucky day.