Play’n Go Wildhound Derby Slot Overview
Get ready for a trip to the races with Play’n Go’s brand new Wildhound Derby video slot. Released in January 2020, this racing-themed slot is fast-paced and packed full of action. There are plenty of special features that can be triggered, so keep on reading to find out more.
How to Play the Wildhound Derby Slot
Wildhound Derby is very easy to play and is accessible even to complete beginners. First, you need to pick a bet value. You’ll see the options displayed along the bottom of the gaming gird. You can scroll through these by clicking on the plus and minus buttons. Once you’ve chosen your preferred bet amount (options for this range from 0.10 to 100), hit the large green circular button to play and spin the reels. To the right of this is a smaller orange button. Hit this to turn on autoplay, which does the spinning automatically for you. Decide how many times you want the reels to be spun and set up limits (such as a limit on your losses), so you don’t end up losing too much money. The slot’s RTP is 96.93%, which is higher than average, and its volatility is high. While you’re playing, you won’t win that often but whenever you do win, the payout should be fairly large.
Wildhound Derby Slot Features
- Dog Racing Theme. The theme of Wildhound Derby is dog racing. You’re at a racing event and are backing a particular dog to win. The setting is a floodlit racetrack at night and the slot’s main bonus round is appropriately themed.
- 30 Paylines. Every time you spin the reels, there are 30 paylines that you’re able to form winning combinations on. The slot’s played on a four-row, five-reel grid and has paylines running from left to right. You win by landing at least three identical symbols on consecutive reels, starting with the leftmost one.
- Symbols. There are eight standard symbols in Wildhound Derby. The four least valuable ones are the card ranks A, K, Q, and J, each one of which is a different color. The four with higher payouts are all themed after dog racing and include a betting book, some betting slips, a rosette and some rolls of cash notes. Then there’s the wild, which substitutes for all standard symbols and is represented as a gold trophy. Both the trophy and the cash note symbol offer the slot’s highest payout of 10x your bet for five on a payline. There are four other wilds, each one of which is represented as a racing dog. There’s Braveheart, Daring Dex, Beadle’s Teabag and Oh My Dog. These wilds appear on reel 5 only and substitute for all standard symbols, just like the trophy wild.
- Dog Race Free Spins. To play this feature, you need to have all four dog wilds appear on reel 5 on the same spin. Should this happen, first you’ll get to choose one that you think will win the race. Then, you get to play the free spins round. As you play, golden hare symbols can appear on the Race Indicator to the left of the grid. Whenever one appears, the dog wild on the corresponding row moves across one position to the left. The first dog to make it past the leftmost reel is the winner. You keep on getting free spins until one dog wins.
- Winner’s Wheel. This is a feature you get to play if your chosen dog wins the Dog Race Free Spins feature. It gives you a guaranteed multiplier for your free spins winnings. Spin the Winner’s Wheel and receive an x2, x3, x4, x5 or x10 multiplier that’s applied to your winnings.
Play Wildhound Derby for Real Money
Wildhound Derby is a thrilling new slot by Play’n Go that gets you into the winning spirit. Check this racing-themed slot our for free, then have a go with actual money and hopefully you’ll back the winning dog during the free spins round. Fingers crossed you get to play the Winner’s Wheel feature to make your winnings even more worthwhile.