Mata Hari The Spy Slot Review
What went wrong?
Please fill in the required field.
Your feedback is very important to us.
While we fix the issue, you can explore our free slots list.ALL FREE SLOTS
Ready to play Mata Hari The Spy for real money?
Rate Mata Hari The Spy
Slot types, themes & features
SlotsMate Editional is your most reliable friend for any and all top slot-related articles, news, guides and more! Our dedicated team is on a quest to produce the best content to help you learn to winFull Bio
Red Rake Gaming Mata Hari The Spy Slot Overview
Mata Hari: The Spy is a rather interesting spy-themed slot by Red Rake Gaming. Join the mysterious spy on her ongoing mission and hope you get to bring home some big wins! The slot’s superbly well themed and has more than enough special features to keep you playing.
How to Play the Mata Hari The Spy Slot
Once you’ve got the slot up on your screen, the first thing to do is determine your bet value. You’ll find the current value displayed in the top right-hand corner. To adjust it to the value you want, simply hit the plus and minus signs. The values range from 0.16 to 60. Click on the large circular green jewel with an arrow on it to spin the reels. Directly above this is a smaller gem with a triangle surrounded by two arrows. Click on this to turn on autoplay - choose how many times (5, 10, 20, 50 or 100) you want the slot to spin the reels for you.
Mata Hari The Spy Slot Features
- Spy Theme. Mata Hari: The Spy is themed after Mata Hari, the exotic Dutch dancer who, during World War I, was convicted of being a spy for Germany. She was eventually sentenced to death by firing squad and met her end in France. It was said she was responsible for the deaths of some 50,000 soldiers. The slot’s theming has an oriental feel to it.
- 80 Paylines. The slot’s played on a very large 6x6 grid and has a total of 80 paylines that winning combinations can be formed on. A winning combination is any line of three or more matching symbols on a payline; to count as a win, these symbols have to be on consecutive reels, starting with the leftmost one.
- Symbols. There are a dozen symbols that offer payouts for landing three to six on a payline. The four low-paying ones are the card ranks A, K, Q and J - all of these have the same payout rates. More valuable symbols include an ornament depicting a multi-armed Hindu god, a golden crown, a snake, three high-ranking officials (Mata Hari’s various lovers) and Mata Hari herself. The wild is the most rewarding symbol, giving you a 100x payout for six on a payline. There’s also the pink ruby scatter, which pays out a multiple of your bet whenever three to eight appear on the reels. Land eight on the same spin for a 50x payout. The final symbol to look out for is the roulette wheel scatter; this shows a highlighted wheel segment with gold coins and Mata Hari’s face on it.
- Raining Veils. This feature can happen on any random spin. If it triggers during the base game, two blue veils will fall down to fully or partially cover two different reels. All symbols covered by veils have their values multiplied by 4. If it triggers during the free spins feature, three veils fall down and any covered symbols have their values doubled.
- Mata Hari’s Eyes. While the reels are spinning, this feature may trigger. If it does, you’ll see Mata Hari’s eyes appear on the grid. If they open during the base game, two spotlights appear and move across the grid, both of them landing in random places covering a 2x2 set of symbols each. During the free spins round, a single spotlight moves around and highlights a random 3x3 area on the grid. All symbols covered by spotlights are transformed into wilds. This feature only triggers if Mata Hari’s eyes open. If her eyes appear, there’s no guarantee they’ll open, as they can disappear before opening.
Mata Hari The Spy Free Spins
The Mata Hari symbol appears stacked two positions high on the middle two positions on any reel. For the free spins round to trigger, you need a Mata Hari symbol to land on reel 1, plus you need this symbol to land on at least two other reels. The number of free spins is calculated based on how many of this symbol triggers the feature and how many of them are adjacent to one another.
- For every individual symbol, you get four free spins.
- For every set of two adjacent symbols, you get 16 free spins.
- For three adjacent symbols, you get 36 free spins.
- For four adjacent symbols, you get 64 free spins.
- For five adjacent symbols, you get 100 free spins.
- For six adjacent symbols, you get 144 free spins.
On every free spin, either the Mata Hari’s Eyes or Raining Veils feature is triggered. Any wins from these two features are doubled.
Mata Hari The Spy Bonus Round
The roulette scatters can only appear on reels 1, 3, 4 and 6. Land four of these on a single spin and you’ll get a spin of a special wheel. This wheel is made up of two rings: the inner one has four segments depicting Mata Hari and her three lovers, each with a multiplier, while the outer one is split into eight segments, each of which has a coin prize on it. Spin the wheel and one segment from each ring will win. You’ll then receive a coin prize that’s multiplied by the winning multiplier.
Play Mata Hari The Spy for Real Money
Mata Hari: The Spy is a uniquely themed online slot that’s packed with loads of features and offers exciting gameplay, as well as high-quality visuals. Check out this slot and play in demo mode to get a feel for how it works, then have a go for real money and put your espionage skills to the test! Accompany the secretive spy and you never know, you may just walk away richer!