Slots with Bonus Round
Here on our page dedicated to free slots with bonus rounds, you will find a directory that contains as much as 5053 titles that are updated on a regular basis to keep up with new releases. Playing them doesn’t involve registering or downloading anything, and you won’t have to share your personal information either. Just choose what appeals to you and start spinning instantly!
WHAT IS A BONUS ROUND?
Also known as a bonus game, a bonus round is an extra round, mini-game or section in a slot game that doesn’t cost players anything, but still enables them to win money or other prizes. This is activated either by chance or if the punter achieves a preset objective while spinning the reels. It is unlocked during regular gameplay by certain combinations of symbols, being the most profitable way to increase your winnings during any spinning session.
Many major developers in the online casino industry offer slots that possess this special feature. Notable examples include the likes of Rival, NetEnt, Real Time Gaming (RTG), Evoplay, Inspired, and Booming Games. However, it is important to note at this point that bonus rounds are reserved almost exclusively to video slots. Nonetheless, some classic slots do have a few special features and icons such as wilds and multipliers, but nothing as mechanically complex as in the case of their modern counterparts.
FREE ONLINE SLOTS THAT OFFER BONUS ROUNDS
Our directory contains a whopping 5053 slots with bonus round feature, which you can discover by simply scrolling down the page. The list can be sorted with our Top Rated and Newest tools, which will reveal the best online slots and the newest online slots in this category. Joker Stacks is currently the highest rated game on the page, while Royal Demeanor is the most recently added one. And the best part is that you don’t even have to create an account to engage with them. Our website consists of free pokies that you can play for fun without having to download anything on your device or provide us with your personal information.
Click on the slot games you find most interesting and browse through their personalized review pages that contain a breakdown of the most relevant details pertaining to them, as well as a list of real money casinos where you can play them. The page also displays ratings left by actual punters, so don’t forget to give us your feedback after experiencing bonus round slots as well!
The SlotsMate Guide to Bonus Rounds
HOW BONUS ROUNDS WORK AND HOW TO TRIGGER THEM
As a general rule, there are two main ways in which bonus rounds are triggered:
- Random. The first is the random one, where bonuses are bestowed upon you without any apparent rhyme or reason. Of course, there are certain symbol combinations that contribute to these, but there aren’t any overall special icons in sight.
- Scatter. The second way a bonus round is triggered is with the Scatter Symbol. As a general rule, three or more suffice in order to kickstart an event. What is more, these can fall anywhere on the reels unless otherwise specified by particular slot games with individual limitations.
TYPES OF BONUS ROUNDS
Slot game bonus rounds come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and designs. To illustrate in a more comprehensive way, we rounded up the top four most popular categories, complete with examples and explanations. In addition to these, we also discussed the multi-level feature that can be applied to any category on the list.
- Pick a Box. Pick a box is the second most popular type of bonus game, as it gives players the opportunity to choose between various prizes that will be added to their balance. Yggdrasil Gaming offers an interesting twist on this concept in its beloved Champions of Rome slot, where players that win free spins can choose between Training Mode that allows them to keep all they win, or Deathmatch Mode with multipliers for the chance to increase earnings exponentially. Watch the video below for a better understanding of what this entails.
- Mini-Games. Many slots nowadays have integrated mini-game rounds that expand upon their general theme. One example of this is the Jumanji slot game by NetEnt, during which a bona fide board game event is activated when a specific combination of symbols occurs on the reels. Players can increase their wins and win additional prizes by rolling a pair of dice and advancing on the board with their chosen totem. You can watch it in action in the video below:
- Spinning Wheel. The mechanics behind this particular type of bonus game can be deduced from its name. Players have the chance to spin a wheel and earn prizes that will multiply or add to their winnings. The Mega Moolah slot machine by MicroGaming contains this type of bonus, as seen in the picture attached below.
- Cascades. Experienced spinners are most likely familiar with the sight of cascades, a type of bonus round where some symbols are replaced by others falling from the top of the screen. One game that is known for this is the Birdz slot by Games Warehouse pictured below.
- Multi-Level. Finally, it is also essential to note that some slot games allow punters to play bonus rounds at various levels. One such machine is the Vikings Go to Hell one by Yggdrasil Gaming with its free spins bonus rounds that advance their degree of success depending on your performance. This feature can be observed in the image attached below.
ENJOY SLOTS WITH BONUS ROUNDS FOR REAL MONEY
Bonus rounds are something that can be easily enjoyed when playing online slots for fun due to the variety in styles and themes behind each type. However, if you want to take the leap and start playing for actual cash, head on over to our Real Money Slots page and check out the 1331 online casinos on our roster. On there, you will also see ratings granted by genuine punters, information on bonuses, and a list of software providers that power them. So, what are you waiting for? Choose your new go-to iGaming arena and start spinning for those bonus games!