Hotline 2 Slot Review
Thank you for rating!
What went wrong?
Ready to play Hotline 2 for real money?
Rate Hotline 2
Slot types, themes & features
Hotline 2 Slot Overview
Hotline 2 is a cool, retro-themed NetEnt slot that came out in 2020. It’s the direct sequel to the provider’s popular slot Hotline, a 2018 release known for its 80s vibe, funky design and exciting features. It has a decent RTP of 96.05% and a medium volatility that should suit most players. Whether you’ve played the original or not, you’re sure to enjoy giving Hotline 2 a go. Before you do, give our review a read to see what this fresh and thrilling slot has to offer.
How To Play The Hotline 2 Slot
When the slot’s loaded, you’ll see the current bet size displayed along the bottom. If you’d like to change it, click on the button that shows a stack of coins, then select one of the options. There are nearly forty in total and they go from 0.10 up to 50.00, so there’s a good range of choices available.
Beneath the middle reel there are three buttons: the central circular one spins the reels once; the one to the left turns on autoplay, which comes with some advanced settings; and the one on the right makes the reels spin faster.
Hotline 2 Slot Features
- Miami Theme. The setting of this slot is the sun-kissed Miami seafront area. The slot has a distinct 80s vibe to it and the retro-style soundtrack compliments the theme very well. The storyline is about a group of jewel thieves who have carried off a heist and are taking off into the sunset. The slot’s graphics are crisp, detailed and easy on the eye.
- Up to 1,944 Ways to Win. The slot uses the all-ways-win system, so getting three or more matching symbols anywhere on adjacent reels from left to right gives you a win. During the base game, the slot uses a standard three-row, five-reel grid and has 243 ways to win. Extra symbols can be added and there can be a maximum of 1,944 ways you can win (more info on this below).
- Symbols. Ten regular paying symbols appear on the reels as you play. Five of them are very expensive-looking crystal-studded pieces of jewelry; there’s also a glistening red diamond. The other four symbols are characters: a man with a headpiece, a man with a walkie-talkie, a man with binoculars and a woman with a cocktail. Of these, the most rewarding is the woman with a cocktail; get one on each reel for a win worth 8x your total bet.
- Bonus Symbols. The slot’s wild symbol is a shot of two cars with the word ‘WILD’ on a road sign. It fills in for all regular symbols and can help you get winning combinations. The scatter symbol is represented as the word ‘SCATTER’ in bright blue writing with a neon flamingo, palm trees and sunset in the background.
Hotline 2 Bonus Features
- Expanding Wild. The wild symbol can appear on reels 2, 3 and 4. When you start playing the slot, you’ll see the middle reel is highlighted in gold. This is a Hotline. If a wild lands on this reel in the base game, it will expand to fill the reel it’s on if doing so helps you win; during the free spins round, all wilds landing on the Hotline reel expand.
- Hotline Feature. The slot gives you the option of having more Hotlines, and therefore more chances to get expanding wilds. Underneath reel 3 there’s a button that you can click on to cycle between one, two and three Hotlines - you can have reel 3, reels 3 and 4, or reels 2, 3 and 4. If you have two Hotlines active, your bet is doubled; if you have three, it’s tripled.
- Free Spins. Landing three scatters on reels 2, 3 and 4 earns you seven free spins. During the free spins round, whenever a wild lands on reel 2, 3 or 4, that reel has an extra position added to it, increasing the number of ways to win. Each of these three reels can have a maximum of six symbols. If all three of them have six symbols, the number of ways you can win is 1,944. Every time a reel reaches six symbols in height, if it’s a Hotline you’re awarded two extra spins; if not, you’re awarded one extra spin.
- Buy Feature. Click the ‘BUY FEATURE’ button if you’d like to buy the free spins round. Choose between free spins with one, two or three Hotlines active on all spins. The cost is 60x your bet for one Hotline, 120x your bet for two and 180x your bet for three.
Play The Hotline 2 Slot For Real Money
Hotline 2 looks just as cool and inviting as the original Hotline slot and is even more fun to play thanks to its enhanced special features. It has hundreds or even over a thousand ways to win, a free spins round and expanding wilds.
Plus, there’s the option to buy free spins with one, two or three Hotlines active - will you be tempted to make the purchase and which option will you go for? If you enjoy playing slots for real money, give Hotline 2 a shot at one of our recommended NetEnt casinos and have a blast playing this sleek and cool slot game.