Reel Rush 2 Slot Review
Ready to play Reel Rush 2 for real money?
Rate Reel Rush 2
Slot types, themes & features
NetEnt Reel Rush 2 Slot Overview
If you’ve enjoyed playing Reel Rush, you’ll definitely want to have a go of the sequel, the Reel Rush 2 video slot. Released in 2019, this NetEnt slot has eye-catching, cartoon-style graphics and more than enough special features to keep you playing. Spin the reels and look out for respins, free spins, random features and more.
How to Play the Reel Rush 2 Slot
The first thing you need to do is to decide how much money you’re going to bet with. There are two variables to adjust: the bet level and the coin value. The bet level options range from 1 to 10 and the coin value options from 0.01 to 0.20. The slot’s played with 20 coins. Therefore, the lowest amount you can bet with per spin is 0.20, while the highest is 40. Click the orange button with a blue arrow on it to spin the reels. To the left of this is the autoplay button, which you can click on if you want the reels to be spun automatically for you. To the right is the max bet button - give this a click and the bet amount will be set to the highest amount.
Reel Rush 2 Features
- Fruit Theme. The slot resembles a video game thanks to its symbols that are in the shape of blocks and the block-shaped scenery that can be seen in the background, including trees and hills. The setting is a lush green valley with a railway bridge in the foreground. Plenty of fruits can be found on the reels.
- Bet Ways. When you start playing Reel Rush 2, you’ll notice the slot’s played on a grid with five rows and five reels. However, various positions are blocked and the game’s effectively played on a 1 x 3 x 5 x 3 x 1 grid with 45 Bet Ways. To win, you need to land three or more matching symbols on consecutive reels, starting with the leftmost reel. You can unblock positions and play with more Bet Ways by triggering the respins feature. Unblock all positions and the game’s played with 3,125 Bet Ways.
- Symbols. There are 11 standard symbols that can reward you with payouts. The five low-value symbols are buttons of different colors (purple, green, yellow, orange and red). The six high-value symbols are fruits represented as blocks. These include a blueberry, a plum, a watermelon, an orange, a pineapple, and a strawberry. The most valuable symbol is the strawberry, which rewards you with an 8x payout whenever five appear on consecutive reels. Along with the standard symbols, there’s the golden wild, which substitutes for all standard symbols and appears on reels 2-5.
- Super Tokens. Super Tokens are collected in the pink meter to the left of the grid. You earn up to five Super Tokens for every position you unblock. You can also earn them through the Extra Super Tokens feature or you can purchase them or win some by gambling your current tokens.
- Respins. Whenever you form a winning combination, you get a respin. If you win with a respin, you get another respin, though you can only get a maximum of five respins in one go. The first respin is played on a 3 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 1 grid with 135 Bet Ways. Each consecutive respin increases the size of the grid and gives you more Bet Ways. The fifth and final respin is played on a 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 4 grid and has 1,875 Bet Ways.
Reel Rush 2 Random Features
There are no fewer than eight different features that can trigger at random on any spin. On every spin, railway carts appear on the track directly beneath the grid. sometimes, they have symbols on them corresponding to the random features; if they do, that feature will trigger. The features are as follows:
- Second Chance. If you spin but don’t win, this feature can give you a respin. None of the blocks are unblocked, however, unless the Block Breaker feature activates as well.
- Block Breaker. Two or four blocks are unblocked, increase the grid size and the number of Bet Ways.
- Random Wilds. Wilds are added to random positions on the reels. They can’t be added to reel 1, any position that’s blocked or any position already occupied by a wild.
- Symbol Multiplier. A randomly chosen symbol is given a multiplier of x5, x10, x15 or x20 in value. All wins with this symbol are multiplied accordingly.
- Symbol Upgrade. Once the reels have stopped spinning, a symbol is chosen and all instances of that symbol transform into the next most valuable symbol.
- Extra Free Spins. Gives you one extra free spin.
- Extra Super Tokens. Adds three to 15 Super Tokens to the Super Token Metre.
- Multiplier Boost. Increases the value of the Progressive Multiplier Metre by x1.
Reel Rush 2 Free Spins Meter
To the right of the grid is a blue meter with a star on top. Whenever you unblock two positions, a star is added to this meter. Fill the meter with six stars to trigger the slot’s free spins feature. You’re then taken to a separate screen where you have three options:
- Buy Super Tokens. This lets you purchase Super Tokens. You need 2,000 of these to play the Super Free Spins feature.
- Gamble Super Tokens. Gamble the Super Tokens you have now for a chance to play the Super Free Spins feature.
- Start. Play the free spins feature (or the Super Free Spins feature if you have 2,000 or more Super Tokens).
Both free spins rounds are played with eight free spins. For the Super Free Spins feature, there’s a Progressive Multiplier Metre that starts off at x1 and increases in value every time you win or when the Multiplier Boost feature comes into play.
Play Reel Rush 2 for Real Money
It’s clear to see that Reel Rush 2 has a lot going on. If you like the sound of this feature-heavy slot, it’s a good idea to play for free first, so you can get a hang of how everything works. Once you’re familiar with the slot’s gameplay, play for real money - you’re sure to enjoy playing the slot and triggering the many special features!