Conan Slot Review
Thank you for rating!
What went wrong?
Ready to play Conan for real money?
Slot types, themes & features
NetEnt Conan Slot Overview
Conan is a video slot by NetEnt released in 2019 that is based on the classic Conan the Barbarian films that star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the titular character. This well-themed slot is packed with all sorts of exciting features, so have a read to find out what it’s all about, then have a spin of the reels yourself.
How to Play the Conan Slot Game
Before placing your bet, you’ll have to decide how much money you’re going to bet with. The slot’s played with 20 coins and to adjust the value of your bet, change the coin value. You can do this by clicking on the arrows either side of the value displayed beneath ‘COIN VALUE’. The options range from 0.01 to 10 and the total bet values per spin range from 0.20 to 200. Click on the white button with a black arrow on it to spin the reels. To the left of this is a smaller button that turns on the slot’s autoplay feature. To the right is a button that makes the reels spin faster.
- Conan Theme. The slot’s themed after the 1982 sword and sorcery film Conan the Barbarian starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and its numerous sequels. Several prominent characters from the films put in appearances and pretty much everything about the slot, from the grid to the symbols and the background draws inspiration from the films.
- 24 Paylines. The grid has four rows, six reels, and 24 paylines. All of the slot’s paylines run in both directions. In order to win, you need three or more matching symbols to appear on a payline. The chain of symbols can start on the leftmost or rightmost reel.
- Symbols. The slot has nine standard symbols in total. The three low-paying ones are coins depicting a falcon, a lion, and a snake. Offering medium-value payouts are a grappling hook, a sword, and a horned helmet. The most valuable symbols are three characters, of which Conan is the most valuable - land six on a payline for a payout worth 6x your stake. There’s also the scatter, which is a shield with two crossed swords behind it, along with a Mystery Symbol and two wilds.
- Mystery Symbol. Whenever Mystery Symbols land on reels 3 and/or 4, they all transform into the same symbol. They can’t transform into scatters or wilds, however. Mystery Symbols can be regular-sized or stacked.
- Tower Wilds. Tower Wilds substitute for all symbols except the scatter. These symbols only appear on reels 1 and 2. Whenever one appears, it expands and can fill the reel it’s on fully or partially.
- Mystery Multiplier. To trigger this feature, a fully stacked Mystery Symbol needs to appear on reel 3 and/or 4 and you need to have a winning spin. A randomly determined multiplier of between x3 and x7 in value is applied to your win.
- Battle Wilds. Battle wilds substitute for all symbols except the scatter. These symbols can only appear on reels 5 and 6. Whenever one appears, it expands horizontally up to three positions across the grid.
- Linked Reels. The slot’s six reels are grouped into three sections. The first covers reels 1 and 2, the second covers reels 3 and 4 and the third covers reels 5 and 6. If Linked Reels triggers, a randomly selected reel will transform and display the same symbols as the other reel in the same section. If reel 3 is chosen, for example, it will change to match reel 4.
- Thoth-Amon Feature. This feature activates whenever you land at least one Battle Wild or Tower Wild, along with at least one fully stacked Mystery Symbol. Should this happen, three to six Mystery Symbols are added to random positions on reels 2-5. They can only be added to positions not already occupied by Mystery Symbols, scatters or wilds.
Conan Free Spins Features
Landing three, four, five or six scatters earns you 10, 15, 25 or 50 free spins respectively. The Linked Reels feature is active on every free spin. You then choose one of three different modes, each one of which comes with some special features:
- City Of Thieves Free Spins. This mode has a low to medium volatility. Tower Wilds can appear on all reels.
- Temple Of The Serpent Free Spins. This mode has a medium to high volatility. Mystery Symbols can appear on all reels. Landing at least one fully stacked Mystery Symbol that covers a whole reel triggers the Mystery Multiplier feature. Landing five to nine Mystery Symbols triggers the Thoth-Amon feature.
- Walls Of Tarantia Free Spins. This mode has a low to medium volatility. Battle Wilds can appear on all reels.
Play the Conan Slot Game for Real Money
As you can tell, there’s a whole lot going on with this slot. Don’t worry though, because once you start playing you’ll soon get the hang of how everything works. Whether you’re a fan of the Conan films or not, you’re sure to enjoy this feature-heavy slot. Try it out for free than have a go for real money and hopefully you’ll trigger lots of exciting features!