Quickspin Golden Glyph Slot Overview
Golden Glyph is a visually impressive video slot by Quickspin. It is one of many slots to be themed after ancient Egypt and is very well designed with high-quality graphics and great attention to detail. There are also plenty of special features, including Power-Ups, tumbling reels, wilds, and more.
How to Play the Golden Glyph Slot
Playing Golden Glyph is as straightforward as anything. To get started, you need to decide how much money you’re going to be betting with. Directly beneath the grid, you’ll see ‘TOTAL BET’. Use the arrows to the side to adjust the bet value; the options for this range from 0.20 to 100 per spin. Once you’re happy with your betting amount, click on the orange button with a white arrow on it to spin the reels. You’ll find this button on the far right. To the left of this is a smaller orange button with two arrows in a circle. Give this a click if you want to turn on the slot’s autoplay feature. This has the slot spin the reels a set number of times for you so you don’t have to click for every spin. The slot’s RTP is 96.19%.
Golden Glyph Slot Features
- Ancient Egypt Theme. The theming of this slot is really well done. The grid is set against a stunning backdrop featuring towering pyramids and statues, as well as a settlement by the Nile at sunset. All of the symbols that appear on the grid are in keeping with the slot’s ancient Egypt theme.
- Cluster Pays. Golden Glyph is played on an extra-large 7x7 grid. There are no paylines at all. In order to win, you need to form clusters of five or more matching symbols that are horizontally or vertically adjacent. The more symbols there are in a cluster, the higher your payout will be.
- Symbols. There are seven standard symbols that you’ll see appear on the reels as you play. The four low-paying symbols are stone blocks with hieroglyphs on them. As for the three high-paying symbols, they include the pharaoh Tutankhamun, the queen Cleopatra and the god Horus, each one of which has a different-colored background. The god is the most valuable symbol: form a cluster with 15 or more of these symbols for a payout worth 250x your stake. There’s also the wild, which substitutes for all standard symbols to help you win.
- Tumbling Reels. Whenever you win, all winning symbols vanish from the grid and any empty spaces left behind are filled by symbols falling from above. This can cause new winning clusters to form. Should this happen, winning symbols will again vanish and empty spaces will be filled, giving you yet another chance to win. Thanks to this feature, you can end up having a number of consecutive wins from just one spin of the reels.
Golden Glyph Power-Up Feature
Whenever you win, a special Power Wild spawns inside the winning cluster. This symbol is a blue orb surrounded by a golden ring and substitutes for all standard symbols. If you go on to win with this symbol, you’ll earn a Power-Up. To the left of the grid is a half-wheel with a combination of five symbols on it. Each of these represents a Power-Up. The top one is always the gold and purple Free Spins Bonus symbol. The other four symbols are randomly chosen from the Blaze of Fire, Eye of Horus and Golden Scarab symbols. Once you’ve stopped winning with the Power Wild, the total number of Power-Ups you’ve earned is added. You’re then given the Power-Ups one at a time. These are as follows:
- Free Spins Bonus. This is always the first Power-Up you get to use. You’re given nine free spins with the Golden Glyph wild in play. There’s a multiplier that starts of at 1x in value. Every time you win with the Golden Glyph wild, the value of this multiplier increases by 1x. After every spin, the Golden Glyph wild moves to a new random location on the grid. If the wild is involved in a Tumbling Reels win, it stays where it is until the consecutive wins are over.
- Golden Scarab. For this feature, four to 10 wilds are added in random positions on the grid.
- Blaze of Fire. The Blaze of Fire symbol is added to a random position. The values of all low and high-paying symbols in the same row and reel as this symbol are added together and paid to you.
- Eye of Horus. A low-paying symbol is chosen at random and you receive a payout for all instances of this symbol that are currently visible on the grid.
Play Golden Glyph for Real Money
Golden Glyph is a brilliant new Egypt-themed slot that does things a bit differently by having an extra-large gaming grid. Win by forming clusters and thanks to Tumbling Reels, you can win several times from just one spin. Have a go of this superbly presented slot for real money and try to form some huge clusters and win some big payouts!