Western Gold Slot Review
Thank you for rating!
What went wrong?
Ready to play Western Gold for real money?
Rate Western Gold
Slot types, themes & features
How To Play The Western Gold Slot
It’s very easy to play this online slot. When it loads, you’ll see the current bet size displayed in the bottom right-hand corner. To adjust this, click on the gold casino chip button and select a bet size from the options given - there are lots to choose from ranging from 0.20 to 25.00. The slot has a Quick Spin feature you can turn on to make the reels spin faster, though there’s no autoplay mode. It’s a highly volatile game, so be prepared to play a lot before landing a win, and has an RTP of 96.12%.
Western Gold Slot Features
- Wild West Theme. This is one of many online slots to be themed to America’s wild west. It has a very fitting soundtrack featuring the sounds of country music and sounds just like the sort of music you’d hear when watching a cowboy film. The background is a picturesque canyon scene while many of the symbols that appear on the reels are directly associated with the wild west. Overall, the slot’s design is of a very high standard.
- 40 Paylines. Western Gold is played on a grid with four rows, five reels and forty paylines in total. These paylines are all included in all bets and run from left to right. Winning is straightforward: land enough matching symbols on a payline with the symbols starting on the left and on consecutive reels, and you’ll get paid.
- Symbols. The four low-paying symbols are various things associated with the wild west. There’s some rope, a pair of cowboy boots, a Stetson cowboy hat and a pair of pistols. Other symbols include metallic BAR, double BAR and triple BAR symbols (you get paid for landing three to five identical BAR symbols on a payline, as well as for any combination of three to five of these symbols). The most valuable symbol is the triple 7 - land five on a payline for a win worth 30x your bet. Unlike the others, this symbol only needs two on a payline for you to win.
- Bonus Symbols. There are several bonus symbols to keep your eye out for as you play. The golden horseshoe is the scatter. It pays for four or more anywhere on the grid and if a total of twelve land, you’ll receive a payout worth a whopping 10,000x your total bet. There’s also the sheriff’s badge free spins symbol and the wild symbol, which is a golden W. The wild fills in for all regular symbols and offers the same high payouts as the triple 7 symbol.
Western Gold Bonus Features
- Free Spins. You get to play this feature whenever three sheriff’s badge symbols land on reels 2, 3 and 4. You’re given three free spins and while using these, all scatters that land are collected. Whenever a scatter lands and is collected, the number of free spins you get to use is reset to three, so long as you haven’t already collected twelve scatters. The free spins round keeps on going until you collect twelve scatters or you run out of free spins. A metre at the top of the screen keeps track of how many scatters you collect.
Play The Western Gold Slot For Real Money
If you fancy your chances at earning some decent cash prizes, have a go at the Western Gold slot with real money. With this slot, it’s all about the free spins round, where the more scatters you manage to collect, the more you get paid. Give the slot a go and see how you fare - there’s a supersized payout if you manage to collect twelve.