Age of Asgard Slot Review
What went wrong?
Please fill in the required field.
Your feedback is very important to us.
While we fix the issue, you can explore our free slots list.ALL FREE SLOTS
Ready to play Age of Asgard for real money?
Rate Age of Asgard
Slot types, themes & features
SlotsMate Editional is your most reliable friend for any and all top slot-related articles, news, guides and more! Our dedicated team is on a quest to produce the best content to help you learn to winFull Bio
Yggdrasil Age of Asgard Slot Overview
Get ready to step into the world of Norse mythology with Yggdrasil’s beautifully designed Age of Asgard 3D slot. This brilliant new slot was released in October 2019 and has gone down a storm thanks to its top-notch fantasy theming and its many special features. If you like immersive slots with lots of features, this is the slot for you!
How To Play The Age of Asgard Slot
First of all, you need to load the slot. Once you’ve done this, adjust the coin value (located along the bottom of the screen) until you get the cash bet value you want. The cash bet value is equivalent to 40x the coin value. There are various options for the coin value ranging from 0.005 to 5. The cash bet values you can, therefore, choose from range from 0.20 to 200. The large turquoise button is the one you click on to spin the reels. To the right of this is the autoplay button; click this to have the slot spin the reels automatically for you. To the left is a button you can click on to set the cash bet to the highest amount (200). The slot has medium volatility and an RTP of 96.3%.
Age of Asgard Slot Baseline Features
- Norse Theme. Age of Asgard is one of many online slots to be themed after the gods and goddesses of Norse mythology. The theming is exceptional - not only does the slot have immersive, high-quality visuals, it’s also got a fitting soundtrack.
- 40 Paylines. When you load the slot, you’ll notice that it’s played with not one, but two gaming grids. They’re stacked on top of each other and both have three rows, five reels and 20 paylines that run from left to right only. The two grids spin independently of each other. Therefore, when you play there are actually 40 paylines you can win on.
- Symbols. There are 14 standard symbols that can appear on the reels. Eight of these are various wooden rune-style symbols in different colors, while the remaining six are various deities and monsters from Norse mythology. The three female deity symbols only appear in the top set of reels, while the three monster symbols only appear in the bottom set of reels. The two most valuable symbols are the female deity with a red background and the dragon - both of these offer 6x payouts for five on a payline. of the eight low-paying rune symbols, four only appear in the top grid and four only appear in the bottom grid. All deity and monster symbols appear stacked three positions high.
- Wild Nudges. As well as the standard symbols, there are two wilds. The golden female deity wielding an ax appears in the top set of reels, while the wolf appears in the bottom set of reels. Both of these wilds are three positions high and substitute for all standard symbols. If one of these wilds lands partially, it may nudge so that it fills the entire reel it’s on.
- Respins. Whenever one of the extra-large wilds fills an entire reel, you’re given a respin. The wild reel remains sticky and all other reels are spun, giving you another chance to win. If another wild lands and fills a reel, you’ll get another respin. This feature keeps on triggering until a spin doesn’t produce any new wild reels.
Age of Asgard Special Features
- Clash. This is a special feature that triggers if you manage to have extra-large wilds fill the same reels on both gaming grids. When this happens, up to four regular-size wilds are added to random positions on each grid. If a wild is added to a high-value deity or monster symbol, it expands to cover the entire stacked symbol, giving you even more wilds.
- Free Spins. To trigger the slot’s free spins feature, you need to have three free spins symbols appear anywhere on one of the gaming grids. When this happens, you’ll get 10 free spins to use and the gaming grid with the free symbols gains three extra rows. This newly expanded grid has six rows and five reels. Only symbols from the gaming grid that launched the feature appears. All free spins are played with 50 paylines. The two extra-large wilds are merged into a single super large wild six positions high. This can nudge so that it appears fully on a reel; if it does, the Clash and Respins features will be triggered.
- Ragnarok Free Spins. If you happen to land six free spins symbols (three on each grid), you’ll get to play this feature. The two grids merge into a single grid with six rows, five reels, and 50 paylines. Only high-value deity and monster symbols appear on this grid. This feature is played with 20 free spins. As with the regular free spins round, the two extra-large wilds are merged into a single wild six positions high. In Ragnarok Free Spins, this wild always nudges to fill the reels and when it does, it’s guaranteed to trigger both the Clash and Respins features.
- Randomizer. This feature comes into play if you land three free spins symbols in one gaming grid and two in the other. You’ll either get a 1,000 coin payout and the standard free spins round (triggered by the three free spins symbols landing in one of the grids), or the free spins round you triggered is upgraded to the Ragnarok Free Spins round.
Play Age of Asgard for Real Money
Age of Asgard is a fantastically designed slot that has so much going on you’re sure to love it. With two separate gaming grid, free spins, wilds and expanding symbols, there’s certainly a lot to take in. Have a go for free so you can get used to how the slot works, then try it out for real money and see if the deities from Norse mythology have any big wins in store for you.