The Golden Owl Of Athena
BetSoft The Golden Owl Of Athena Slot Overview
The Golden Owl Of Athena is a superbly well designed online video slot from BetSoft. Released in 2018, the slot draws inspiration from ancient Greek mythology and comes with plenty of special features to keep you playing, including wilds, free spins and expanding symbols.
How to Play the Golden Owl Of Athena Slot
Once you’ve got the slot up on your screen, you need to decide how much money you’re going to bet with per spin. To do this, adjust the line bet value, which you’ll see displayed directly beneath the leftmost reel. There are multiple options available ranging from 0.01 to 1. The slot’s played with 10 fixed paylines, so to get your total bet value per spin, you multiply the bet line value by 10. Therefore, the slot’s betting options range from 0.10 to 10 per spin. The ‘SPIN’ button is the one you hit to give the slot’s reels a spin. Click on the ‘AUTOPLAY’ button to turn on autoplay, which does the spinning for you. This feature lets you decide how many spins you want and lets you put some limits in place so you don’t lose too much money. The slot has medium volatility and an RTP of 95.05%.
The Golden Owl Of Athena Slot Features
- Ancient Greek Mythology Theme. The Golden Owl Of Athena is based on the ancient Greek goddess Athena (or Athene), who was associated with warfare and wisdom. The slot is set in a beautiful garden with a temple in the background and an altar in the foreground and a pink-sky sunset dominating the skyline. The slot’s symbols also stick to the Greek theme.
- 10 Paylines. When you spin the reels, there are 10 paylines that you’re able to form winning combinations on. The paylines run from left to right only. To win, you need to have three or more identical symbols land on a payline on adjacent reels, starting with the leftmost reel.
- Symbols. The symbols are grouped into three categories: Standard Value, Mid Value, and High Value. The four Standard Value symbols are the card ranks A, K, Q and J; the three Mid Value symbols are a goblet, a sword, and a helmet; as for the High Value symbols, they include a tree with silver foliage, a temple, and Athena herself. The most valuable symbol is the Athena one; land five on a payline and you’ll be rewarded with a 500x payout. The one other symbol you’ll want to look out for is the golden owl. Not only is this a wild that substitutes for all other symbols to help you win, but it’s also a scatter. Land three or more of these anywhere on the reels (scatters ignore paylines) and you’ll be paid.
- Buy Feature. Down in the bottom right-hand corner of the grid, you’ll see ‘BUY FEATURE’. Click on this and you’ll get to play the slot’s free spins for a cost of 93x your current bet.
- Free Spins. Land three, four or five golden owl scatter/wilds anywhere on the grid to receive eight, 12 or 20 free spins respectively. You’ll also receive a payout for these scatters. During the free spins round, one of the slot’s standard symbols is chosen at random. Whenever enough instances of this symbol appear on the grid, it may expand and give you the chance to bring in even more wins.
- Double Up Game. Whenever you’re lucky enough to win, you’ll get to play the Double Up Game. This is a gamble feature that lets you gamble half or all your winnings. Guess the outcome of a coin flip and if you guess correctly, you’ll double your gambled winnings; guess incorrectly and you’ll lose everything.
Play The Golden Owl Of Athena for Real Money
The Golden Owl Of Athena is quite a straightforward slot, but that doesn’t mean you should give it a miss. The slot’s very well themed and looks great, plus it’s got a free spins round with the chance of expanding symbols. Have a spin of this Greek-themed slot for real money and look out for the golden owl, which can substitute for other symbols, offer scatter pays and give you free spins!